Name:

Interesting - by all standards

Sunday, December 17, 2006

counting my blessings

Every time that I am a bit tipsy, I really miss home and today is no exception.

Home is where the heart is and i have been having a hard time bringing my heart to America. Dont get me wrong, I love it here. I have made new friends here (you all know yourselves) and rekindled friendships from my childhood (Kui, you are as much fun as you were more than ten years ago)... But I still cannot help missing home.

The old adage 'you dont know what you got till it's gone', (and am not talking about my house keys that i lost - hopefully not in the club), is not necessarily true. I think I know what I have, I love my new friends, my new life but I miss home, I miss my roots and my roughage too.

Rather than whine, I want this day to be the day that I count all the good things I have. I do not need to lose what I have to know what I have. To all the people out there who have made a difference in my life, THANK YOU. To all the situations that have made me cry, I thank God, to all the circumstances that have made me stronger, I really thank God.
DONT WAIT TILL ITS ALL GONE TO APPRECIATE IT. count your blessings

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger mwasjd said...

Thanks for being a blessing, I know it's like late, plus I didn't pay attention while you were around, but opportunity comes once in a lifetime...

I thought being tipsy makes you forget your problems...

December 19, 2006 at 2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home