Name:

Interesting - by all standards

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

work

Everybody has to work, work, work.... and the best part about work; the weekends,the leave days, the off days and the holidays :)! Any reasons to sleep in late and indulge in all the niceties of life are welcome. In case I have not mentioned this, I am on holiday and I can sleep. My only battle right now is that not being busy means I eat too much and I am fighting the battle of the bulges. I can notice a pot in my usually flat tummy. READ: beau has gone into panic mode... pots and pans and extra kilos, pounds and grams are a topic for another day's blog. Today, it is about work.

AND IN CASE YOU ARE WONDERING, yes with my ability to have straying thoughts and get off topic, my classes do get interesting as I fight the battle to stay on the straight and narrow path of the syllabus.Back to work. this is the first job i have ever liked, it does not pay millions but i like it. AH....and just to know who the TAs are in a group-we went with a colleague's class for lunch after exams (as a teacher, you can do that in America) and the only folks who ordered drinks and not food were the TAs... here is how the conversation went. 'How much did that burger and chips (hizo ni crips- i dont understand how folks eat crips and burgers for lunch...) cost?' the students go like 'it was so cheap! can you imagine all this for only 4 dollars?' and then the TAs are like 'aah'. N.B. none of us ordered the burgers. My point is, we are not paid millions and I think we would rather spend 2 dollars on a drink rather than on half a burger..... Am not complaining about the pay, it helps pay my tuition and that makes me happy!

BACK TO MY POINT-I LOVE MY JOB! It is the kick ass job that I never knew I would get! Am not saying am the best teacher, but I do try... A minimum of eight hours a day working, that is alot! we all have to work and we can use those hours to make a difference in life or to whine. Whatever we call work, even taking care of our families, let us choose to do it well, to put our whole heart in it or to quit, (yes I have quit many jobs). If your heart is not in it, you are doing a disservice to not only yourself but also to the quality of your work. Put your hands where your heart is and your heart where your hands are!

And in case we meet during lunch, buy me a burger....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home