Name:

Interesting - by all standards

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

driving in texas

i had always dissed my dad for his slow driving. The first day when he was taking me to Athi River, i thought oh my, I have been dumped in the bundus. later, i learnt that it does not have to take that long to travel to athi and i became a dayscholar.

ah, now, I am a slow driver. In the words of my workmate who did not want to offend me 'a careful driver'. That is great because i was using my Kenya dl to drive around and so i did not want to get caught in the wrong. I finally did my test last week and i failed the first time reason for failing? yes you guessed right, driving too slowly. the second day, i went for the test, i still drove a bit slowly but i did not fail. hooray. i hear most people fail their tests on the first time.

i have been driving in Texas for a while and i am getting used to Texas roads and Texas drivers. Texas roads all look alike! if you miss an exit, you have to move in the opposite direction to get your exit. (that took me forever to figure and i used to keep calling my boyfriend who has become my GPS)! everything is bigger in Texas! i have faith in myself and my GPS, i do not panic when lost - though i have to confess i missed a class one day because of getting lost!

drivers in Texas, they all think the driving limits are a suggestion, i am driving within the speed limit and everyone is moving past me like i am riding a bike. everyone seems to be in a hurry. ah the experience of being the slow, i mean careful driver.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Acolyte said...

Driving in the states is a whole diff experience from driving in kenya it takes a whole lot getting used to!

May 31, 2007 at 4:20 AM  
Blogger mdskpr said...

If I ruled a small, circular Island Nation I would make all roads concentric circles and the traffic rule would be ALWAYS drive left. There would be only one lane, moving in one direction all the time, if you pass your stop just complete the circle you'll get it the second time round!

Seriously, I want to emigrate to Trinidad and Tobago and then Papua New Guinea and then Easter Island see what it's like to live in a totally different culture.

Habari yako?

July 16, 2007 at 1:27 AM  
Blogger mwasjd said...

Hi
S'been a while.
I've tagged you, see my blog for details.

July 30, 2007 at 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home