Name:

Interesting - by all standards

Friday, December 22, 2006

friendship

Some friendships are for a season but sometimes, these friendships are so intense that they leave a great impact in our lives. Some friendships are for a reason and they pull us through times that we would never have gotten over by ourselves. Some friendships are forever and they mould us to be better people. Everyone has a wise saying about friendship and one that I heard from an old friend is that childhood friends are the treasure he loves because they have seen him at his worst and are still there. I am still trying to come up with my own special saying...

Today, I got a mail from a friend telling me she is going through a hard time, and all the details, made me cry... The thing about friendship is that it gives us an opportunity to grow. Friendship teaches us to deal with emotions that we usually ignore because we have to be there for the people we love. When I am listening to others share their hearts with me, I learn to share what is in my heart and to be there for my friends.

Today, I want to say a big thank you to all my friends who have been there for me in the good and hard times. I hope I am a good friend too.

Today's blog is dedicated to my 2 friends who have taught me what courage and hope is all about. Who have taught me that I can deal with all the emotions in my heart. P.E.R. and JcN, I HOPE YOU KNOW I AM HERE FOR YOU.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Emmie said...

I think you just found your own saying. "I am here for you." Sometimes friends don't need much. They just need to know that you're there, and that's enough. Happy holidays friend.

December 22, 2006 at 10:33 PM  
Blogger mwasjd said...

I guess I need to appreciate the friends I have more than ever. An audit of 2006 reveals I've gotten 1 lady friend, outside the number from campus, work and church, who is in my phone book and we hook up sometime. Seems in my life pursuits, it's kinda hard to give myself to the current bunch and invest in new ones.

December 27, 2006 at 4:10 AM  
Blogger james said...

for me, i think it is hard to plan to have a good friend. cannot say that in the next planned future you will have 1 or 2 or 3 people you can call good friends. I had purposed to do that sometime back but i made a disaster out of it. The conscious efforts to "acquire" a friend will often find you sucking up to some in order to win their favor. Friendship is acquired by simply being a friend to whoever when you need to. It calls for honesty and that comes from the heart.
saying-to handle yourself, use your head; to handle others and in this case friends, use your heart.

January 2, 2007 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger hwambuig said...

EMMIE,
i like your blogs and thanks for the good words.

January 3, 2007 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger hwambuig said...

MWAS,

I think it is not the quantity of friends we have but the quality of friendships we have.

YOU A QUALITY FRIEND

January 3, 2007 at 5:35 PM  
Blogger hwambuig said...

JAMES,

Deep words!!

January 3, 2007 at 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home