Name:

Interesting - by all standards

Friday, January 19, 2007

Campus life

New term, new semester, new quarter. School is school and everyone has their reasons for attending school. The best reason I have ever heard for attending school came from an engineer. Their reason was not money or a good life. Their reason? To socialize.... Now that gives school a whole new lease of life. The thing is, you have to keep good grades to be in school to socialize…

The more I look at things, the more I realize things are just the same. Students are students and life at a University is exactly that, regardless of where you are. All this became clear to me when I was in class this week and we were watching a play. (The lights were of so I could not look at people). But as I watched the play, it dawned on me that students are students, meaning the difference is the same. In English, there is no difference between students in different continents or students in different levels of their academic journey.

Here are my thoughts on school and students;
•Students will always steal pens from each other.
•Students will always be broke but have money for a drink.
•The computers in school are often used for non-academic purposes. The only exception is if some work is due.
•Procrastination is a way of life.
•Every end of semester, a 'no procrastination' resolution is made for the next semester.
•Students will always misplace their pens and be suspicious that someone has stolen the pen (even if it is the professor who was seated next to them)....
•Being a nerd is cool – oh that is just me…

ANYTHING I MISSED?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger mwasjd said...

Nerd = Cool????

January 21, 2007 at 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home