Name:

Interesting - by all standards

Friday, January 5, 2007

celebrating the milestones

I love the phrase taking a day at a time. For me, it means that I know there are burdens ahead and if I worry about them now, I will be paralyzed. I hate the feeling of being overwhelmed, it is among one of the feelings that i truly dislike.

Do i hear a 'me too'?

What keeps me going is to celebrate every milestone that I make. Sometimes, I, we are too caught up in our goals and what we need to achieve that we forget to pat ourselves on the back. I am a sucker for compliments (confessions of a black sheep! eh, what happened to that column in step magazine...) and celebrations (even when there are no adult beverages... ah psyke). What this means is that for me to keep going, I have to compliment myself even on the small and to celebrate small milestones. (Does this make me too full of myself? You do not know me if you asked that question...).

The good thing about complimenting yourself and patting yourself on the back; and celebrating even small milestones is that you notice the good in others as well.
So compliment yourself everyday and you will realize that you have a compliment for someone else too.

ah... and you can start your compliment practice with me.
ALL TOGETHER NOW, Hilda makes me happy

Now that is a milestone we can celebrate

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home