Name:

Interesting - by all standards

Monday, January 8, 2007

things that make me smile at night (and day)

I love asking questions (is that why I enjoy teaching?) Could it be that am a pathological questioner? Does the word questioner exist? Will they ever find a cure for this? Will I ever stop?

In the few years I have lived, some of the questions that I have asked cannot be written on the blog (and some like the ones above should not have been written)! Will this come to bite me in the rear when am all rich and famous?

One of the questions that I recently asked my friend was what they use as a 'pick-me-up'. You know, what you do when you are feeling down that makes you smile again. Something small that makes you feel life is bearable when things are not going your way. Something that reminds you that things are not so bad... Very interesting answers there; and yes we did share some pretty interesting do-not-tell-anyone pick-me-ups....

We can only know the true character and strength of ourselves when things are tough. Everyone is often at their best (and average for others) when things are fine. What we use as our pick-me-ups tells alot about who we really are. Wisdom is knowing the thin line between using the pick-me-ups as innocent pick-me-ups and being addicted to the pick-me-ups. If we use our pick-me-ups as crutches, we have a problem, if we use them as part of problem-solving and for rejuvinating ourselves, we are on the right track! Did i get it right?

What makes me smile? You mean besides asking questions?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home